With its more than 1000 coral islands and the unique location in the middle of the warm Indian Ocean, the Maldives has been recognized as a top honeymoon destination for newlyweds. They want to take a rest from the agility of the previous months, crowds, and wedding preparations and enjoy the calmness of sunny beaches, iconic sunrises and sunsets, and each other.
Most hotels and resorts do their best to create a dream honeymoon for happy couples. Romantic rituals, spa baths, dinners with candles, and rose petals in beds are the most common offers to make the honeymoon in the Maldives the most breathtaking experience that will stay in people’s memory for many happy years together.
Hideaway Beach Resort & SPA, one of the most stunning honeymoon resorts in the Maldives, is located at Dhonakulhi in the Haa Alif Atoll. This crescent-shaped island is only 5% covered with hotels and other facilities. The rest is a pristine tropical space to enjoy the utmost privacy and indisputable luxury.
The resort offers pure luxury and a great degree of seclusion alongside the benefits and offers to new-married couples. You will get:
– a bottle of sparkling wine upon arrival;
– a basket of fruit in your villa every day;
– one candle-lit romantic dinner for a stay;
– a honeymoon cake;
– the special evening turn-down service.
The honeymoon resort represents the largest beachfront villas in the Maldives and offers two types – private villas and villas with a pool. The Ocean Villa with Pool is one of the best options.
The villa’s size is 290 m². It is built on the stilts over the Indian Ocean. The villa offers an infinity pool, an outdoor deck leading to the lagoon, and a spa bath. You can have a great view of the underwater world through the floor window in the sitting room.
Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa Resort is rated among the top hotels and honeymoon resorts in the Maldives. It is located in the Huvadhoo Atoll about 55 kilometers from the Equator. The atoll is one of the biggest natural atolls in the world.
This is a secluded place with luxurious villas. The open-concept bath areas at each of them feature scenic views of the true tropical paradise.
The resort offers benefits to new-married couples which include:
– four complimentary bottles of water a day;
– one open-air romantic movie night per stay;
– the romantic bath setup and the sunrise bed decoration once per stay;
– a floating breakfast which consists of fresh fruit juice, yogurt, a pastry, coffee or tea, and hot dishes;
– evening drinks with canapés once per stay;
– the afternoon tea at The Shade (1 time per stay);
– the theme night at the Island Grill (1 time per stay).
The honeymoon resort offers luxurious accommodation in the beachfront and ocean villas with open-concept bath areas and stunning views. The Park Sunset Ocean Villa with a Private Pool makes up a great accommodation for two.
The villa’s size is 115 m². It features a private deck with a plunge pool, an outdoor bale, semi-submerged sun beds, an indoor bathtub, and individual access to the reef.
Raffles Maldives Meradhoo Resort is located on two separate islands in the Gaafu Alifu Atoll. The Main Island with its 22 villas and Overwater Island with 16 villas are waiting for their guests.
This is an idyllic hotel for a honeymoon in the Maldives with remarkably spacious and luxurious accommodation and a great sense of privacy. It combines the elegant and reputable Raffles service dating back to 1887 with the pure nature experience.
The resort offers the special ‘Join and Celebrate’ program for newlywed couples to let them feel and enjoy the festive spirit of Raffles. It includes:
– a bottle of Champaign on arrival;
– a special welcome with a bouquet of local tropical flowers upon arrival;
– a $100 credit for food and beverages per room (1 time per stay);
– the buffet breakfast for two daily.
The honeymoon resort provides remarkable privacy and comfort with its spacious accommodation with private pools to create authentic memories shared by two. The Overwater Villa with Private Pool is the coziest and most unique option.
The villa’s size is 230 m². It has a separate living room with the entrance to the terrace deck. The villa is set on stilts and you can always step from the terrace into the turquoise waters of the lagoon to enjoy the marine life. Or you can laze in the private pool or the indoor bathtub.
Anantara Veli Resort is situated at Veligandu in the South Male Atoll. The atoll provides the best place for diving sports and a honeymoon in the Maldives. This adult-only resort features luxurious amenities and the hue of complete privacy to spend precious time with your loved one.
The 67 perfect Maldivian-style bungalows are located over the water providing modern conveniences and sweeping lagoon views to enhance romantic feelings.
The resort offers the benefits to new-married couples with its ‘Stay Longer Special Program’ which includes complimentary transfers, a Dining by Design experience once for a stay of 7-9 nights, a free surf lesson as well as $300 resort credit for spa and dining if you stay 10 nights and more, and extra bonuses to celebrate, for example, a floating breakfast, a picnic for two, and a bottle of Champaign upon arrival.
One of the most exciting prospects of this stunning honeymoon resort is its privacy. The resort does not have beach villas. That is why it is for adults only. The rooms range from overwater bungalows to deluxe overwater bungalows embracing comfortable and bright aesthetics. The Deluxe Overwater Pool Bungalow makes up a perfect option. It is set on the stilts in the middle of the soothing ocean waves and sweeping views.
The bungalow’s size is 125 m². You can enjoy the split-level sun deck and the private pool that offer panoramic views of the ocean and the beach or dive into the sparkling lagoon below to meet the marine life or explore the reef. Your villa host service will help you to laze in the luxurious comfort throughout all your stay.
Seaside Finolhu Resort is situated at Kanufushi in the famous Baa Atoll which is known as the UNESCO world biosphere reserve. The Maldivian word ‘Finolhu’ means ‘sandbank’ and this bank is stretched for about two kilometers over the four small islands.
Newlywed couples who are searching for tranquility and privacy often choose this place and appreciate it as one of the best honeymoon resorts in the Maldives. The isolated villas here are located either on the beachfront or immediately over the ocean waters creating a unique romantic atmosphere.
The resort provides a lot of special options for newlywed couples to let them celebrate their happiness. The offers involve:
– a welcome with sparkling wine;
– Love Potion #9 – an exclusive romantic bath ceremony with foam and petals of roses in the villa;
– ‘Love Me Tender’ – a romantic dinner on the beach for two with the candlelight and local specialties once upon a stay;
– ‘Just Hitched Cake’ – a nice and delicious honeymoon cake (1 time on a stay);
– chocolate choice at turndown;
– romantic decoration of the bed with rose petals at turndown.
All the villas located either on the beach or overwater offer spacious living areas with all the comforts of a real home. One of the best choices for newlyweds is the Ocean Pool Villa.
The villa’s size is 180 m². It features a freshwater pool and direct access to the ocean. You can relax on the outdoor daybed on the private sundeck with loungers and outdoor rain showers. The private outdoor bathroom has a bathtub with stunning ocean views.
Four Seasons Landaa Giraavaru Resort is located at Landaa Giraavaru Island in the Baa Atoll, the World Biosphere Reserve accredited by UNESCO. Its jungle greens and wilderness charm are perfectly combined with the innovation, luxury, and wellness of the modern hotel and spa.
The honeymoon in the Maldives will get its beauty and romantic attractiveness with this true piece of paradise in one of the overwater villas or oceanfront suits. They offer an immense feeling of privacy and stunning panoramic views of the Indian Ocean.
It is time to relish your love with the best offers of the special ‘Island Romance’ program from the resort that involve:
– a bottle of Champaign in the bungalow or villa upon arrival;
– one candlelight beach dinner for two people;
– round-trip transfers to the airport for two;
– the breakfast for two guests in Café Landaa every day;
– a hand-delivered breakfast for two on the villa once per stay.
The resort offers land-based and water-based types of accommodation. The beach villas have private beach access, pools, and private gardens to enjoy while water villas provide spacious sundecks, panoramic ocean views through floor-to-ceiling windows, the nets for over-water relaxing, and outdoor pools and showers. The Sunset Water Villa with Pool is a great variant for two.
The villa’s size is 90 m². It features an outdoor infinity pool, an outdoor rain shower, a loft-level lounge, and the isolated double jetty where the villa is located on the stilts far from other villas and offering complete privacy for romantic time together.
Vakkaru Maldives Resort is located at Vakkaru Island in the Baa Atoll, the UNESCO world biosphere reserve and a true paradise for divers and snorkelers. This is also a stunning honeymoon resort in the Maldives.
The 113 overwater and beach villas and suites are designed for the tranquility of mind and soul and the romantic intimacy designed in the true Maldivian style specifically for newlyweds. The incredible sense of space, on the one hand, and the unforgettable feeling of a private deserted island for two will remain in memories of this relaxing and happy time.
The resort has much to offer to newlywed couples and you can choose from the honeymoon packages or create your own according to your preferences. The offers that you are sure to enjoy:
– a bottle of Champaign for the welcome at the destination;
– the romantic bed decoration at turndown once per stay;
– a special gift on departure.
Among the benefits and offers for your choice, let us mention the following:
– romantic destination dining somewhere around the island;
– a couple massage lesson from a professional once per stay;
– a floating breakfast served privately in your pool;
– private sandbank lunches, and many more options.
To help you spend the most unforgettable honeymoon in the Maldives, the resort offers beach and overwater villas and suites with a lot of space and stunning ocean views. The Overwater Pool Villa is a perfect type of accommodation for a newly-married couple.
The villa’s size is 162 m². It features an exclusive design with a private infinity pool, a spacious deck equipped with daybeds, and sun loungers. A dream luxurious bathroom overlooks the lagoon with its stunning seascapes and has direct access to the outdoor shower.
Baros Maldives Resort is located on a small island not far from Male City. The island and overwater villas are reliably secluded in the green palm groves and the vast space of the turquoise lagoon. The sophisticated and timeless elegance and the perfect beauty of the island make up the best hotel for a honeymoon in the Maldives.
The villas are built of sandstone and timber preserving the cultural Maldivian traditions and making the romantic experience of the bounty tropical island still more unique.
The resort was awarded as the Most Romantic Resort in the World during the six consecutive years. That is why it has much to offer to newlywed couples:
– a bottle of Champaign and a fruit basket upon arrival;
– daily breakfasts for two in the Lime Restaurant;
– a romantic candlelit dinner on the shore;
– a Campaign breakfast on the villa once upon a stay;
– a shared experience of the Sunset Cruise with Champaign and canapés;
– a villa host assistance during the entire stay;
– one 60-minute massage for a couple;
– a romantic experience of the in-villa bath with wine and chocolates;
– early check-in and late check-out if available;
– a complimentary speedboat transfer to the airport.
The resort offers great accommodation types for newlywed couples with absolute serenity and comfort. Each of them, either on the beach or overwater, offers a magical hideaway to escape the rush and hassle of the world. The Water Villa with Private Pool is a great option.
The villa’s size is 126 m². It has a private plunge pool and a cozy sun deck with a daybed. The stairway leads you to the crystal-clear lagoon water and the reef waiting for exploration.
Six Senses Laamu Resort is the only resort in the Laamu Atoll situated in the southern part of the Maldives. The resort is located on Olhuveli Island in the middle of the picturesque Indian Ocean’s seascapes, unforgettable equatorial sunsets and sunrises, and the breathtaking lush of tropical forests.
This private securely enclosed overwater retreat space makes up one of the most popular honeymoon resorts in the Maldives. The newlywed couples can enjoy the Maldivian sun from the absolute comfort and privacy of the villas.
The resort offers an out-of-the-ordinary experience for newlywed couples with the special ‘You & Me’ program that includes:
– a bottle of Prosecco upon arrival;
– the welcome amenity in the villa and a great selection of in-villa snacks;
– personalized tags for a bicycle;
– breakfast or dining in the villa;
– a special bed runner on the arrival day;
– one 60-minute massage for a couple per stay;
– a delicious honeymoon cake once per stay;
– a departure gift.
You can enjoy the Maldivian sun and absolute privacy from your beautifully designed villas located overwater far away from the mainland. The best option is Laamu Water Villa with Pool.
The villa’s size is 126 m². It has a balcony for the best ocean views ever, a private pool with the view, and the aquarium floor window in the dining area. The outdoor platform allows for complete relaxation with its daybeds and sun loungers. You can also relax in the personal overwater pool or in the all-glass bathtub. The private water garden is also at your access.
Huvafen Fushi Resort is located in the North Male Atoll featuring luxurious beach and overwater bungalows equipped with private pools. The location and complete seclusion of the resort makes it one of the best destinations for a honeymoon in the Maldives.
The resort features 44 mesmerizing private bungalows located amidst Nature and its perfect lush. The concept of full privacy and intimacy is carefully implemented by the resort’s staff that are always at your service.
The resort includes special offers for newlywed couples to help them enjoy their happiness:
– a Thakuru personal assistant during the whole stay;
– the in-bungalow check-in;
– a daily breakfast for two at the Ulsius Restaurant;
– a floating breakfast in the villa (once per stay);
– a bottle of Champaign and chocolate-dipped fruit in the bungalow on arrival;
– a 60-minute underwater spa treatment (once per stay);
– the romantic room turndown;
– a private candlelit dinner for two consisting of four courses and a glass of Champaign;
– early check-in and late check-out if available;
– complimentary snorkeling equipment and non-motorized sports.
The resort features overwater and beach bungalows and all of them have private pools for the best comfort. The Ocean Bungalow with Pool is made in style and is a great variant for a newly-married couple.
The bungalow’s size is 160 m². It features a Jacuzzi, a separate bedroom, and a living room with a glass floor allowing for the stunning views of the marine inhabitants., a balcony, and a private pool with ocean views.
You are sure to get your own piece of privacy and tropical luxury opting for one of these great honeymoon resorts in the Maldives and enjoying your stay from the very first moments.