Updated on 21 April 2021.
Maldives has announced borders reopening on 15 July 2020.
– No quarantine on arrival, i.e no minimum stay is required.
– Free 30-day visas on arrival
– Mandatory negative PCR test certificate is REQUIRED upon arrival. It has to be done 96 hrs or less.
– NEED negative PCR test for tourists, who’ve been fully vaccinated against covid min 14 days prior to arrival to Maldives
– Negative PCR test certificate prior to departure from Maldives can be done by the guest’s request. The price is $US 85-160 per person. If you are staying on a local island, a mandatory test prior to departure is required! If you’re staying on a resort + local island, no need for a PCR test prior to departure from Maldives.
– Wearing a mask at airports is mandatory. The full health guide can be found here.
– Split stays and travel between them now allowed at all tourist establishments. More info
– All arrival and departure passengers should complete the online Health Declaration form 24 hrs prior to arrival.
– Most of the island resorts are opened. A full list can be found here.
– All liveaboards and private yachts had started to operate on 15 July 2020
According to the schedule published by Maldives Airports Company Limited (MACL), a number of airlines have resumed operations to Maldives:
Azur Air Russia
Azur Air Ukraine
Ukraine International Airlines
The schedule is subject to change.
– Resorts will designate areas for isolation of the guest if and when required.
– Resorts will allocate facilities and make arrangements for staff to self-isolate when necessary as instructed by HPA
– Guest service staff will be trained in the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), trained on social distancing procedures, trained on
disinfection procedures, wear face masks in enclosed public spaces and during circumstances where social distancing is not possible
– Resort will have resident medical officers on site who have undergone HPA certified training on COVID-19 management, isolation procedures and sampling
– A safe distance of at least 1 meter will be maintained between tourists and staff at all times.
– Food and beverage services will be served at tourist facilities with safety measures as set forth by HPA to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
– Frequently contacted surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
– The vessels will not be allowed to call into any other harbor besides designated ones until further notice
– The vessel will be disinfected as per HPA guidelines after the departure of guests and before new guests can be accepted onboard
– Crew will wear masks when in direct contact with tourists in enclosed spaces
– The resident doctor on an island will have undergone HPA certified training on COVID-19 management, isolation procedures and sampling before the guest houses in the jurisdiction may reopen.
– The guesthouse will provide for isolation of the guest in the guest’s resident room as per standards set forth by HPA.
– Tourists traveling to local islands must maintain social distancing
Welcome! My name is Alex and since 2015 I’ve been linked with the Maldives.
In 2016-2017 I lived in Maldives and worked at a local travel agency. I managed to personally visit 15 local islands and 10 resorts.
Since 2017, I’ve been organizing holidays for couples, families and groups. More than 300+ clients from 60 countries have used my service.
Contact me for a free consultation and help with a personal tour to Maldives!